[Seaside] Seaside 2.7a1 versions 169

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Mon Feb 12 12:21:50 UTC 2007

On Feb 12, 2007, at 10:39 , Philippe Marschall wrote:

> 2007/2/12, Ron Teitelbaum <Ron at usmedrec.com>:
>> Philippe,
>>
>> Actually no.  If you update from repositories, which my system does
>> automatically you will see that it changes back and forth from
>> each version
>> of 169.
> [...]
> Monticello is not CVS, it does not work like CVS, there is no concept
> of CVS HEAD. The version numbers in the MCZ files are not the same as
> CVS revisions. They are merely a way on making sure the filenames are
> unique. They have _NO_ semantics (which is why you are free to choose
> anything).

Philippe is right on this one. MC itself does not impose any meaning
on version numbers. MCC should work fine with that. But the "update"
function relies on a specific numbering scheme, which implies a
certain style of development, mimicing CVS HEAD.

OTOH, I think MCC could be made a bit more robust against the case
Ron describes - like, if the same number is seen twice, simply use
the version that sorts first alphabetically.

- Bert -