Slowness of Scriptaculous? Re: [Seaside] Seaside subsets

Carl Gundel carlg at libertybasic.com
Wed Feb 14 14:13:50 UTC 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Yann Monclair" <yann at monclair.info>
> I think ajax has changed the way to see webapps, and we don't want to have
> chage the page anymore, but just to update a part of it. I do that a lot
> in my
> application (maybe too much , when I see the slowness of my calendar :( ).

I haven't used Scriptaculous in my work yet, but I hope to (or
SeasideAsync).  I'm surprised to hear that it is slow.  I thought on of the
important ideas of partial page reloading a la Ajax is that it is supposed
to be faster.

Why is it slow?

-Carl Gundel, author of Liberty BASIC
http://www.libertybasic.com