[Seaside] So where is the "release" version of 3.7?

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 18:22:35 UTC 2007

> For the same reason(s) I dropped SmallWiki, never started using Pier and
> am somewhat confused in which version of Seaside I should invest
> building major applications. I'm not against evolving systems, but if
> things get dropped before they even get finished, then I'm out.

There is absolutely nothing that gets dropped. I use the versions I
publish in everyday development of commercial Seaside applications. I
don't earn my living by labeling versions of Seaside, SmallWiki and
Pier, but by building things on top of that. I contribute to Seaside
and other projects because it is interesting to me, it allows me be
even more efficient with my commercial developments and because I want
to share the code with you (I also use other peoples code that
contributed to other parts of Squeak). If you don't like the way we
label the versions, you don't have to use it. I also don't use every
framework I encounter, sometimes the code doesn't look to appealing,
there are too few tests, ... that's just it.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli