[Seaside] Seaside 2.8 overrides

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 07:16:32 UTC 2007

2007/2/26, Avi Bryant <avi at dabbledb.com>:
> On 2/25/07, Philippe Marschall <philippe.marschall at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > All but #valueWithPossibleArgs: are in Squeak 3.8 so we'll probably
> > need a compatibility package for Squeak 3.7 (which Avi uses).
>
> Well, certainly no need to keep it in solely on my account - I can
> (and do) use a branched version of Seaside anyway.
>
> Others may use 3.7, of course.
>
> We could also pick a different, non-conflicting selector that did the
> same thing and use that instead.

I decided to go with: #valueWithPossibleArgument:, it has the
following advantages

- BlockContext has it in 3.8.1 as well as 3.9
- I don't see an other package that has it in MessageSend

I put BlockContext >> #valueWithPossibleArgument: in the compatibility
package for Squeak 3.7 called SeasideSqueak37. Additionally there is a
TestSuite (WAPlatformTests) for all these four selectors.

When Kom gets updated we can remove that override as well.

Philippe