[Seaside] another reason Rails gets market share and Seasidedoesn't

Jason Rogers jacaetevha at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 12:25:46 UTC 2007

On 7/17/07, Ramon Leon <ramon.leon at allresnet.com> wrote:
> Nor to we really want to attract total beginners to Seaside, you have to at
> least have a decent understanding of object oriented programming and
> Smalltalk to make a decent go at Seaside, and that rules out a lot of
> programmers.
>
> Let the total beginners cut their teeth on Rails, and learn a little OO in a
> more traditional framework that doesn't tell them everything they know is
> wrong.

Thanks Ramon.  I agree with your comments, but I wasn't brave enough
to say "forget all the newbies".  Having said that though, there are a
lot of newbies on this list who are interested.  Your blog and other
tutorials go a long way to helping them get into it, and hopefully see
the light.

--
Jason Rogers

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live;
yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life
which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of
the Son of God, who loved me, and gave
himself for me."
    Galatians 2:20