[Seaside] another reason Rails gets market share andSeasidedoesn't

Jason Johnson jbjohns at libsource.com
Fri Jul 20 08:29:53 UTC 2007

Yea, this describes me pretty well as well (except cut those years in
half :) ).  I never understood the big fear in learning new languages,
or using them in your company.  Besides; it's a good way to weed out the
kind of people you don't want to hire anyway (i.e. if a person can't get
proficient in a new programming language in a reasonable amount of time
they probably don't code well in the few languages they do know).

I was a big C++ guy, but only because it seemed to be the most powerful
(i.e. allowed me to "extend" the language) I had used.  Once Seaside
drew me into Smalltalk and I found I could have even more power but with
out the insane level of complexity I have never looked back.  And the
interactive way of programming certainly feels very productive and
rewarding (and fun :) ).