[Seaside] WASelectTag

Ken Treis ken at miriamtech.com
Tue Jun 5 20:55:01 UTC 2007

I'm using Seaside 2.7b1 to render a form that posts to an external
payment processing website.

It looks like WASelectTag is missing the #name: method that all of
the other form elements have. I can work around it easily enough, but
then I encounter another problem. This code doesn't generate the
result I was expecting:

	(html select)
		attributeAt: 'name' put: 'PaymentType';
		list: #('CREDIT' 'CHECK');
		labels: [:each | each asLowercase raiseFirst]

I expected option tags like this:

	<option value='CREDIT'>Credit</option>

But instead, I get:

	<option>Credit</option>

If I try to generate the option tags themselves, I discover that they
don't understand #value:. I suppose I can employ the same
attributeAt:put: trick in there, but it feels like I'm working
against the intended design here.

Is there a better way to do this, or have I stumbled upon a bug/
oversight? I realize that you usually don't need to set these
explicitly, since the callback framework handles those details. But
in this case, I really do need to specify them, and the other form
inputs are working nicely.

--
Ken Treis
Miriam Technologies, Inc.