[Seaside] WAComponent callbacks, continuations and #children

John Thornborrow john at pinesoft.co.uk
Wed Jun 6 14:21:15 UTC 2007

Hello all,

I am currently getting my self into a bit of a mess with regards to
managing the components of my application. I am finding that the
application enters a circular reference when I have two components,
that reference each other in #children.

An example being a crumb trail (e.g. anchors for "Home >> Stage 1 >>
Stage 2 >> etc.") when the user clicks onto Stage 2, but decides to make
a change on stage 1 and clicks the "back button", they will receive a
"Component not registered for Callback" error, unless I have
Stage2>>>#children return a reference to Stage 1.

This is causing two problems:

1. How would Stage2 component maintain a reference to Stage 1?
2. How can I provide that reference in Stage2>>>#children without
entering a circular reference, because Stage2 must be referenced by
Stage1>>>#children?

Apologies for the poor explanation, it is a difficult one for me to explain.

Many thanks,

John

www.pinesoft.co.uk

Pinesoft Computers are registered in England, Registered number: 2914825. Registered office: 266-268 High Street, Waltham Cross, Herts, EN8 7EA