[Seaside] JS debugging question

Sebastian Sastre ssastre at seaswork.com
Thu Jun 14 18:33:49 UTC 2007

Hi there,

    I had a couple essential features working well in Firefox and Safari. I
wish I can have them working on IE and Opera. I don't know you but I really
miss Firebug so much when I'm not in Firefox. So I wanted to ask to you what
are you using to debug in other browsers than Firefox? Market dictates that
the priorizable ones are:
    1. IE - Internet Explorer (it's a pitty. I read it don't want to do js
objects garbage collection well just to say 1 "bugature"). The best how-to
I've found is:
http://www.jonathanboutelle.com/mt/archives/2006/01/howto_debug_jav.html
    2. Safari. Great for the consumer obvioulsy in mac and recently Apple
lauched a beta for windows (unfortunately too much unstable yet but
minimally usable) which is great for those who want their apps work in
safari and don't have/justify mac hardware. I wish it work better on M$
Windows.
    3. Opera. Multiplatform, hangs sometimes but it's design demostrates
that they put attention on consumer. It don't convince me as consumer
particularily but it has a couple of features that are very friendly. With
some trouble I finally was able to open it's JS console and DOM inspector in
9.21 version.
    All code I've made, until now, works well in Safari. But if for any
reason I need to debug javascript there, I don't know what to do. What do
you guys use to debug js in Safari?

    cheers,

Sebastian Sastre

PD: seems to be a new beta from the scriptaculous guys. I wonder if (when
proper version deserves it) the proces of upgrading will be reasonable easy
for us?