[Seaside] Re: Serving static images from Squeak 3.9

Alan Capewell alan.capewell at softwareag.co.uk
Thu Mar 15 13:34:59 UTC 2007

Jason Johnson <jbjohns <at> libsource.com> writes:

> Brad Fuller wrote:
> > Jason Johnson wrote:
> >> I have.  I just resaved the image in a different format and it worked
> >
> > pray tell, what different format? Image being the graphics? or image
> > being squeak?
> >
> >> again.

> Oh sorry, that is ambiguous isn't it. :)  My brother-in-law sent me a
> JPG that had that error, so I told him and he saved it as GIF and it worked.

I think I'm getting a little further with this...

I have been tracing the call through the KomHttpServer and discovered that in my
3.8 image the HttpResponse stream is of Class StandardFileStream  in my 3.9
image it is a MultiByteFileStream.  Difference being that the latter is then
getting passed through a UTF-8 conversion facility and I'm guessing my image is
not UTF-8 encoded.

Now all I need to do is work out why 3.9 is treating it as a
MultiByteFileStream.  If anyone has any clues please let me know - otherwise
I'll just kepp searching

Thanks
Alan