[Seaside] HIGH CPU - not frozen, but s...l....o....w seaside image

Michel Bany michel.bany at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 08:01:49 UTC 2007

> I have an image that seemed to not respond, and was running about
> 99% (from top).  I tried ATL+. to see if that would help from VNC,
> but isn't that just for UI issues? What are good ways to found out
> what is happening to an image that is taking up all CPU time?

You did not say what version of Seaside you are using and what you
have done before this symptom appeared.
So the following may or may not help.

I have seen the same symptom when loading Seaside 2.8 on top of
Seaside 2.7 or 2.6, or even after unloading Seaside.
In such situations you happen to lose the apparently critical method
Parser>interactive.

The solution for me was to move the Parser>interactive method to
another category (away from the Seaside2 package)
prior to loading Seaside 2.8 or unloading Seaside.

HTH
Michel.