[Seaside] [ANN][Squeak-web Image] Version 95-2

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 09:39:20 UTC 2007

Hi Rajeev,

2007/3/28, Rajeev Lochan <lochan94 at gmail.com>:
> Dear Damien,
> I am very new to Smalltalk and Seaside. Right now, I want to learn Seaside
> so that I can develop some innovative web applications. I downloaded the
> Image from www.seaside.st and have started using it. How is your image
> different from the one there.

My image contains the most recent stable versions of Seaside, Magritte
and Pier and tools for developers like code highlighting, completion,
up-to-date browsers...

> I would be very happy if you could throw light on the best tutorial for
> someone who is new to both Smalltalk and Seaside. As of now, I am going
> through David Shaffer's tutorial.

I'm afraid there are not lot of up to date tutorials. David Shaffer's
ones are really interesting but a bit old (should work on Seaside 2.6
but not on 2.7 by default). You may have a look at the ones of Lukas
Renggli: http://www.lukas-renggli.ch/smalltalk/seaside.

Bye

--
Damien Cassou