[Seaside] [ANN] GemStone BOF at Smalltalk Solutions 2007

Sebastian Sastre ssastre at seaswork.com
Fri May 4 16:18:20 UTC 2007

James,

	better than just trust, would be that Gemstone stipulate a price
compatible with an economy of scale.

	If Gemstone is thinking big, it is expecting to control a new "blue
ocean" with this recent move. So I wish they make the right decision and do
it for good (perhaps a bigger ocean) in a way that also all the st community
will won big (markets of economies in development included).

	Seaside is the more attractive st project now and Gemstone has the
rare chance of adding completeness to smalltalk way to solve things, but the
fact is that it's price just don't scale.

	cheers,

Sebastian
PD: do Gemstone have metrics about how many projects have it's ROI drop down
enough to be bad choices, just because you added to the project's cashflow
the Gemstone license row?