[Seaside] ProxyPass and the P Option

Ramon Leon ramon.leon at allresnet.com
Mon Nov 5 16:30:18 UTC 2007

> With the ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse directives
> uncommented, this configuration works like a charm. However,
> if they are commented out, then I get the following weird behaviour:
>
> If I click on a menu item in the browser, I get
>
> https://localhost:9090/seaside/go?_k=IJjENelR&_s=jSDbFwqLpajXQQVf
>
> ...instead of
>
> https://www.mydomain.com/seaside/go?_k=IJjENelR&_s=jSDbFwqLpajXQQVf
>

> This screws up my application.
>
> The question is, why is this happening? Why isn't the P
> option working?
>
> Thanks,
> Richard

Here's what I run, I prefer rewrite rules over proxypass, watch for
wrapping.

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName some.host.name.com
    DocumentRoot "/some/path/to/webfiles"
    RewriteEngine On
    ProxyRequests Off
    ProxyPreserveHost On
    UseCanonicalName Off

    #content expiration
    ExpiresActive on
    ExpiresByType text/css A864000
    ExpiresByType text/javascript A864000
    ExpiresByType application/x-javascript A864000
    ExpiresByType image/gif A864000
    ExpiresByType image/jpeg A864000
    FileETag none

    # http compression
    AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE application/x-javascript text/css
text/html text/plain text/xml application/xml application/xhtml+xml
text/javascript
    BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4 gzip-only-text/html
    BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4.0[678] no-gzip
    BrowserMatch \bMSIE !no-gzip !gzip-only-text/html

    #maintainence for site
    RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}/maintenance.html -f
    RewriteCond %{SCRIPT_FILENAME} !maintenance.html
    RewriteRule ^.*$ /maintenance.html [L]

    #squeak
    RewriteRule ^/seaside/files(.*)$ http://localhost:3001/seaside/files$1
[P,L]
    RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}/%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ http://localhost:3001/seaside/someApp/$1 [P,L]
</VirtualHost>

Ramon Leon
http://onsmalltalk.com