[Seaside] Re: GOODS

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Tue Nov 20 06:34:00 UTC 2007

On Nov 19, 2007, at 7:48 PM, Avi Bryant wrote:

> Have you ever seen a corrupt image?  Dabble DB has probably created...
> oh, I don't know, certainly over a million images, and the single time
> I have ever seen one get corrupted was because of a hardware failure.

In 10 years or so of writing squeak plugins, and doing VM changes I'll
note the Squeak GC logic is
*extremely* efficient in finding corrupted memory. Even finding things
like when you forget to provide
magic padding for a stack frame of a certain size on an FFI call and
discovering that Apple's Quicktime programmers
exploited the fact there was four bytes of free space on the stack
frame they could abuse.

--
=
=