[Seaside] Truly Opaque URLs

Boris Popov boris at deepcovelabs.com
Fri Nov 30 17:30:09 UTC 2007

Oh, I just don't buy that without a much better backing.

What about Amazon's URLs?

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-M59-00033-Mass-Effect/dp/B000OLXX86/ref=
pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1196443532&sr=8-1

Or eBay's?

http://search.product.ebay.com/Mass-Effect_UPC_605433010413_W0QQfifptsZ1
QQfvcsZ1453QQsoprZ53000938

Do you consider them beautiful? Or any other more or less complicated
solution out there? Simply put, the end user could care less about the
URL if the app does what users want.

Before someone brings up bookmarkability, I'll step in and warn that it
has nothing with how URL looks :)

Now let me go back and don my fireproof suit.

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322
DeepCove Labs Ltd.