[Seaside] Re: Squeak / Gemstone / VisualWorks with Seaside

itsme213 itsme213 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 22 22:39:39 UTC 2007

That's encouraging.

Please let me know if this reasoning is flawed ... If my eventual deployment
will be on Gemstone/S (rather than Squeak), I will need to develop in a
different environment than deployment anyway, so I might as well choose VW
over Squeak.

Also (and this may be a bit religious, not my intention ...) is VW a better
development environment than Squeak (costs aside) ?

Thanks.

===================

"Conrad Taylor" <conradwt at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:7317d7610710221504u6b06599ej5108835d7bd76a65 at mail.gmail.com...
Hi, it should be a straight forward process if you do not use anything
specific to VW that doesn't exist in deployment environment.  Also, you'll
need to file-out your code so that you can imported into the deployment
platform.  I forget the exact package name that's used for the package but
I'll post later if no one posts that information.  Lastly, there may be
other tid-bits in this regard but those are the two that comes to mind.

Good luck,

-Conrad