[Seaside] Seaside sessions

Jimmie Houchin j.squeak at cyberhaus.us
Tue Sep 4 15:18:16 UTC 2007

[snip]

Ramon Leon wrote:
> I don't like web apps that timeout on me, nor do I like wasting server
> resources with long session timeouts, so I keep the 10 minute timeout and
> the root component of my apps create a single perodical that does nothing
> that fires just short of the session timeout to touch the server every so
> often.  This ensures any browser that is actually open won't timeout and any
> actual unused sessions expires shortly.

I like that. Would that be a reasonable default for Seaside session
behavior? It seems that it would be nice to be in the core unless there
are problems I don't see. I definitely agree with Ramon and as an end
user would greatly appreciate such a feature. And as a web developer
taking good care of resources is also important. This strikes an
excellent balance.

Jimmie