[Seaside] Adding a library to seaside

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Apr 4 00:03:09 UTC 2008

fao: seaside maintainers

Adding a javascript library to Seaside can be a bit of a pain, since
many of the required hooks are not published in a pluggable way.
Recently I decided to attempt to add the absoluteFudge.js code to try
and improve my chances with ie6, and I cite this as an example.

The js code is packaged as a WAFileLibrary subclass as you might expect.
However it requires an onLoad script to be run.

Jetsam includes a concept known as a SessionHelper, so I added a
WAAbsoluteFudge session helper, which does the right thing in it's
#updateRoot: method, and it works. The helper adds itself to any
applications which use the WAAbsoluteFudgeJS file library.

So.. here we have an example of packaging a typical javascript library
add on, as a couple of classes.

I mention this here, to suggest that the development team to adopt the
helpers framework into the mainstream 2.9+

best regards

Keith

p.s. Nifty corners can be packaged in the same manner.