OT: MS cars -- was - Re: [Seaside] Re: Menu component - communicating with root component

Jimmie Houchin j.squeak at cyberhaus.us
Tue Apr 22 15:48:26 UTC 2008

Sebastian Sastre wrote:
[snip]

> PS1: I found relevant the quote I recently saw in Newspeak presentation:
> "A programming language is low level when its programs require attention to the
> irrelevant", Alan Perlis
>
> PS2:  Bubbling will be like making the cooling system of the car to also receive
> the red light of the semaphore in the street. This reminds me to that joke of
> what would happen if Microsoft starts making cars...

Unfortunately in U.S.A. that is already an almost reality. :(

Ford has cars which use MS software for parts of its media system.
http://www.syncmyride.com/

Scary to think that some hacker could find a means to exploit that
system and access who knows what on the car.

I have no faith in MS to not provide an open door to its systems and
then open a way to the cars systems. To me they do not have a good
security track record.

There will be no such car at my home. :)

Jimmie