[Seaside] Re: Re: Menu component - communicating with root component

itsme213 itsme213 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 22 01:05:41 UTC 2008

"Keith Hodges" <keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
news:480CFFBB.1000001 at yahoo.co.uk...

> But from the outset, I said that the Parents are generic containers,
> PRPages which components embedded. So they have no idea what their
> children are or what events need to be wired for a specifc child.

So I would guess in your case the parents do not instantiate (and add) their
own children, but some other configurer (X) does. What would be wrong with:

X>>addChild: aChild toParent: aParent
    aParent addChild: aChild.
    aChild when: SomeChange do: [:aChange | self doTheRightThingOn: aParent
for: aChange]

Would that be reasonable? Would it matter whether aChild used a local or a
global announcer?

Sophie