[Seaside] Anybody know what these POST requests are trying to do?

Nevin Pratt nevin at bountifulbaby.com
Mon Feb 4 21:55:26 UTC 2008

Blake wrote:
> On Mon, 04 Feb 2008 12:56:02 -0800, Nevin Pratt
> <nevin at bountifulbaby.com> wrote:
>> It looks like a bot of some sort doing this.  But just what do you think
>> these nuts are trying to do?
>
> WAG: SPAM.

I think it's a bit deeper than that.  I think some sites are vulnerable
to malicious redirects-- sort of like using an open email relay, but
with http requests instead of email.  And there's a bunch of bots whose
mission in life is to seek out and exploit such sites.  At least, that's
my suspicion.

But I really don't know.  That's why I'd love some further speculation
from other Seasiders.

Nevin