[Seaside] Monit on Ubuntu / Debian to monitor Seaside images

Rajeev Lochan lochan94 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 17:51:38 UTC 2008

Hi Sebastian,
I had got confused with the process name in "check process 'someProcessName'
..... to be the same as that shown when we use ps -A or top (which shows
squeakvm for all the squeak images).

In other examples (such as for Apache/ sshd etc), they have a single process
running and they are assigned apache2 and sshd as process name in monitrc
file.

I tried with the following in monitrc
check process caartz01 with pidfile /var/run/caartz01.pid

check process caartz02 with pidfile /var/run/caartz02.pid

check process caartz03 with pidfile /var/run/caartz03.pid

and I restarted Monit. All the squeak-seaside images started on their own.
files qith pid is saved as explained by one of my previous mails in this
thread. I am happy that there is no real need to change the process name of
squeak in general :) . Sorry for the trouble given due to my misconception.

So, I am nearing towards deployment of my Seaside App :)

Thanks again,
Rajeev

Rajeev Lochan

Co-founder, AR-CAD.com