[Seaside] Serving static files from an external web server

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 11:10:16 UTC 2008

> Is it already usable ?

Yes, but we change things heavily without further notice.

> I have a smallrequest concerning the way files are served, you said
> you worked on WAFileLibrary. Will the FTP addon that Colin provided be
> included ?

No. Somebody would have to provide that as an external plugin.

> ps: I have Pier at home, 200 connections/days, squeak runs fine (yes,
> only 10 per hour so not really convincing), but it's up for one month
> (around 5000 connections) and I still can use my computer which is a
> old Athlon 3000+ :). Squeak processor uses (XP) is oscillating
> beetween 2 or 5% (for one connection).

I can confirm that: Last sunday I had around 5000 unique visitors to
my Pier web site that also runs on an old Athlon 64 3000+ Linux box. I
didn't see any increase of CPU load either.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli