[Seaside] Apache and virtual host

Marco D'Ambros marco.dambros at lu.unisi.ch
Thu Feb 21 00:13:15 UTC 2008

Hi all!

I have a problem in configuring seaside and apache.
I have a domain name, lets say www.example.org, which points to a
machine (lets say machine.my.org) in which I have my apache server
running.

With an html web site, stored on the hard disk, what I would do is to
configure apache like this:

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName www.example.org
DocumentRoot /var/www/example
</VirtualHost>

and like this, if I go to www.example.org I will see the web site
located in my server under /var/www/example, while on the browser I
will see the url www.example.org and NOT machine.my.org

The question is: how do I do the same with seaside?
If I use the rewrite module of apache, with this configuration:

<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName www.example.org
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ http://localhost:8008/seaside/go/example/$1 [P,L]
</VirtualHost>

I will be redirected to the correct seaside web site, but in the
browser I will see the url machine.my.org:8008/seaside/go/example/

Many thanks and cheers
Marco D'Ambros