[Seaside] Apache and virtual host

Ramon Leon ramon.leon at allresnet.com
Thu Feb 21 00:30:11 UTC 2008

> Hi all!
>
> The question is: how do I do the same with seaside?
> If I use the rewrite module of apache, with this configuration:
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
> ServerName www.example.org
> RewriteEngine On
> RewriteRule ^/(.*)$
> http://localhost:8008/seaside/go/example/$1 [P,L] </VirtualHost>
>
> I will be redirected to the correct seaside web site, but in
> the browser I will see the url machine.my.org:8008/seaside/go/example/
>
> Many thanks and cheers
> Marco D'Ambros

Here's a working config, should be easily adaptable.

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName linuxweb1
    DocumentRoot /var/www
    RewriteEngine On
    ProxyRequests Off
    ProxyPreserveHost On
    UseCanonicalName Off

    # http compression
    DeflateCompressionLevel 5
    SetOutputFilter DEFLATE
    AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html text/plain text/xml
application/xml application/xhtml+xml text/javascript text/css
    BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4 gzip-only-text/html
    BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4.0[678] no-gzip
    BrowserMatch \bMSIE !no-gzip !gzip-only-text/html

    #proxy to seaside if file not found
    RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}/%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ http://localhost:8080/$1 [P,L]
</VirtualHost>

Ramon Leon
http://onsmalltalk.com