[Seaside] SeasideTesting + Ramon's image

C. David Shaffer cdshaffer at acm.org
Wed Jan 2 13:52:57 UTC 2008

itsme213 wrote:
> "C. David Shaffer" <cdshaffer at acm.org> wrote in message
>
>> Try loading the latest "R1.5" version on SqueakSource.  It works fine >
>> for me in the "dev" and "web" images:
>>

> Thanks, I did try this and it worked fine. I'm using Ramon's image, tho, I
> cannot get it to run the SeasideTesting examples in that image. Not sure of
> the cause, but that image uses a subclass of WAKom which appears to disable
> WAKom & does the following. Let me know if you see some cause I might be
> able to work around.

I tried Ramon's image "out of the box" and all tests ran and passed.  In
response to an earlier e-mail I also configured SSKom to use url's
without /seaside in them:

SSKom allInstances do:
    [:each | (each instVarNamed: #entryPoint) setName: '']

(verified in a browser that url's didn't contain /seaside).  All tests
pass.  Ran the tests using the "testRunner" web app.  All tests passed.
Maybe there is something else in your configuration that is causing this
problem?

It might be worthwhile to start from Ramon's image, load ST and verify
that things are passing then load your code in stages until the tests fail.

David