[Seaside] sending emails

Tom Phoenix rootbeer at redcat.com
Mon Jan 7 03:56:21 UTC 2008

On Jan 6, 2008 7:23 PM, Ching de la Serna <ching.dls at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I hope you didn't really bother the nice people at mydomain.com. You
> > did use your own SMTP server, didn't you?
>
> Tom, I did send a support ticket in this regard asking for their help in
> accomplishing what i wanted to do which was to send emails from squeak. I
> wanted to see if I could use their SMTP server since my account included
> email capability. I assumed that sending emails from squeak would be
> possible if I could find the mechanism for authenticating a session using my
> account with their servers.

So, does that mean that you have some preexisting relationship with
them, and so mydomain.com wasn't being used as a placeholder, like
example.com? At least, I hope your password isn't "passWord"!

> Googling '503 AUTH command used when not advertised', I gathered that
> certain steps needed to be be accomplished which included issuing the EHLO
> command before the AUTH command. I was wondering if anyone had any
> experience with this at all.

Sure; lots of folks. They hang out in forums whose topic is "SMTP", or
something similar. Although some SMTP experts may also be found on the
Seaside list, they'll give you better answers faster in their own
forum.

Cheers!

--Tom Phoenix