[Seaside] Problems installing Seaside on VW

Michael Lucas-Smith mlucas-smith at cincom.com
Wed Jan 9 23:38:15 UTC 2008

VisualWorks 7.6 will be out shortly with Seaside 2.8 included and
supported. I really have no idae why you'd get such a weird walkback
trying to load Seaside 2.8 in to VisualWorks 7.5.

I know Michel Bany has been using Seaside 2.8 in VW7.5 with some of his
customers without problems. The particular error you're seeing doesn't
seem to be related to Seaside specifically.. it's trying to parse the
XML source file and is reading some documentation from a filename which
appears to be an invalid filename... this is a very odd scenario. You
want to check your installation or raise the problem on the vwnc (or
vwdev) mailing list instead of the Seaside list.

Cheers,
Michael