[Seaside] About Seaside 3.0

Bill Schwab BSchwab at anest.ufl.edu
Sat Jul 12 19:25:39 UTC 2008

Stef,

I agree.  It would be great to have more ready to use components.  For
example, I created a task to control authentication.  That could be in
place and ready to use or subclass, with optional registration, or in my
case, refusal to accept any other than pre-registered users, and (stuff
I have yet to do) a UI for an administrator to manage users.

The configuration web interface is nice, but it would be nice to have
(maybe this is obvious and I simply have yet to see it) examples of
programmatically changing configuration.  Things that I will hopefully
have time to do include an SSL version of Comanche, and idiot-proof
setup of Apache for secure sites.

Bill

Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.
University of Florida