[Seaside] Re: SU autocompleter

Joachim jtuchel at objektfabrik.de
Tue Mar 25 08:29:41 UTC 2008

Gerhard Obermann <obi068 <at> gmail.com> writes:
> Hi Lukas!
> It works, thanks a lot!
> But i dont fully understand the magic of the selection handler!
> br
> Gerhard

we had a similar issue and implemented a server-side association / search for
the returned displayString. The idea behind it being that thus no additional
data gets sent around. While the implementation seems a bit like doing the same
thing more often than necessary, it keeps the code and http messaging leaner. At
list in our opinion. I think we shouldn't try to do everything in JS just
because one can ;-)