[Seaside] question on database and scaling

Chris Dawson xrdawson at gmail.com
Mon May 12 03:53:35 UTC 2008

I'm new to Seaside and am reading the great Seaside tutorial here:
http://www.swa.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/seaside/tutorial.  I am somewhat
unimpressed with the section on persistence.  I'm looking for advice on how
to build my application so that I can scale when needed.  Should I be using
GemStone/S?  Or, another OOP database, like GOODS?  GOODS scares me as it
looks like it is supported by an individual, not a community or company.
Any advice is appreciated.  What attracted me to Seaside was precisely the
notion that I could avoid dealing with scaling problems like you see in Ruby
on Rails.

Chris