[Seaside] [ANN] OmniBrowser SeasideXUL Platform

Pavel Krivanek squeak3 at continentalbrno.cz
Tue May 13 05:30:36 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 3:04 AM, Milan Zimmermann
<milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca> wrote:
> On 2008 May 12, Pavel Krivanek wrote:
>  > Hi,
>  >
>  > there's the new project home on google code:
>  > http://code.google.com/p/seasidexul/. You may download the image with
>  > OmniBrowser from this site.
>
>  Thanks.
>

>  > There's an experimental image based on the KernelImage too.
>  > Can you describe your loading problems from the SqueakSource?
>
>  I have loaded all projects from Squeaksource that you described in the
>  original XUL email mid-April
>
>  http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.smalltalk.squeak.seaside/15269
>
>   (although I generally loaded the latest).
>
>  When attaching to running server:
>
>  http://localhost:8085/seaside
>
>  I obtained:
>
>  Internal Error
>  Error: My subclass should have overridden #encodeUrl:
>  WANullCodec(Object)>>subclassResponsibility
>  WANullCodec(WACodec)>>encodeUrl:
>  WAUrlEncoder>>nextPutAll:
>  [] in WAUrl>>encodePathOn: {[:each | aDocument urlEncoder nextPutAll: each]}
>  OrderedCollection(SequenceableCollection)>>do:separatedBy:
>  WAUrl>>encodePathOn:
>  WAUrl>>encodeOn:usingHtmlEntities:
>  WAUrl>>encodeOn:
>  WAHtmlStreamDocument>>print:
>  [] in WAHtmlAttributes>>encodeOn: {[:key :value | value == false ifFalse:
>  [aDocument nextPut: Character space...]}
>  WAHtmlAttributes(WASmallDictionary)>>keysAndValuesDo:
>  WAHtmlAttributes>>encodeOn:
>  WAHtmlStreamDocument>>openTag:attributes:closed:
>  WALinkElement(WAHtmlElement)>>encodeBeforeOn:
>  WALinkElement(WAHtmlElement)>>encodeOn:
>  WAHtmlStreamDocument>>print:
>  [] in WAHtmlRoot>>writeElementsOn: {[:each | aDocument print: each]}
>  OrderedCollection>>do:
>  WAHtmlRoot>>writeElementsOn:
>  WAHtmlRoot>>writeHeadOn:

hmm, you need to execute some extra initialization for Seaside 2.9
from this days:
WAExternalID initialize.
WAStandardFiles initialize.
WAFileHandler initialize.

>  > You may use the issue tracker.
>
>  Before that, I will have to do this again, I did not pay attention to details.
>
>  Also, as latest XUL is now in Seaside 2.8, would there be an equivalent list
>  of projects to load?

Current SeasideXUL is designed for Seaside 2.8 and it is not working
under Seaside 2.9.
You need only to load DynamicBindings, KomServices and KomHttpServer
from SqueakMap and latest Seaside 2.8 from SqueakSource before loading
the SeasideXUL.

for OB-SeasideXUL you need this OmniBrowser packages from
http://source.wiresong.ca/ob/ :
OmniBrowser, OB-Standard

For additional OmniBrowser tools you need this packages from
seaside.gemstone.com/ss/GemStone :
OB-Tools-lr.12, OB-Monticello-dkh.28

Cheers,
-- Pavel