[Seaside] version control usage for Seaside/Squeak

Adrian Lienhard adi at netstyle.ch
Tue May 13 18:51:38 UTC 2008

Hi Chris,

We use Monticello as follows. For each project we have an empty root
package with dependencies to all other packages (including for example
Seaside). In general, you commit the root package to the repository to
keep different versions of different packages together. In addition we
use MC configuration maps for development, testing and production
image configurations. The dev map, for instance, has additional
packages like eCompletion and Shout whereas production configuration
for example includes a vnc server. Then we have an automatic build
system that grabs new maps and builds images from scratch.

HTH,
Adrian