[Seaside] PlotKit in Gemstone

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 18:20:02 UTC 2008

2008/11/21 Gerardo Richarte <gera at corest.com>:
> hi, I forgot to report this, it's a very stupid thing, but I think it's
> worth fixing.
>
> When I imported PlotKit into Gemstone (to use with Seaside, of course) I had
> a small problem:
>
> PKScriptLibrary >> #mochiKitJs has a very long String, apparently longer
> that what's supported for literals in Gemstone. The very simple solution for
> me was to cut the string in two, adding '+' roughly inthe middle.
>
> In my case I cut it just before the line rading:
>
> MochiKit.Base.update(MochiKit.Async.{evalJSONRequest:function(){
>
> (it's the only appearance of evalJSONRequest:function in the code.
>
>   I think it'll be a great idea to fix this in the repository, and with it,
> PlotKit can be directly loaded from squeaksource into Gemstone.

Go ahead and do it then. The repository has public write access for a
reason ;-) It might be best to replace it with the latest packed
version and see if it fits into GemStone. If it doesn't a lazy
accessor would be nice.

Note however that the usual disclaimer applies that the backing
JavaScript library has seen no updates in 2.5 years.

Cheers
Philippe