[Seaside] Re: #urlForDocument: w/o canvas?

Udo Schneider Udo.Schneider at homeaddress.de
Wed Oct 15 16:40:21 UTC 2008

Sebastian,

> I think there is, I don't remember right now, but are you sure not thinking too
> much resource oriented here?
Resources is one thing - the other is that in the back of my mind I
remember something like "never change components during render" thingie ...

> What problem do you see with callbacks?
None - I'm just not sure how to use them (esp. in this context)

> Sure, note callbacks are defined in blocks that are executed in a different
> phase than the rendering phase. So the state affected in a callback is not being
> made during render. Only defined as eventually executable actions.

> I don't see where you are changing components during render. Just a little
> refactor to clean up your component.
The "swf variables: (self ofcVariables: html) jsonString." in
#renderContentOn: changes the components state to reflect the "new"(?)
#urlForDocument: value before rendering it.

renderContentOn: html
   swf variables: (self ofcVariables: html) jsonString.
   html render: swf

Thanks for your help,

Udo