[Seaside] Authentication task and https

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 18:17:20 UTC 2008

No, as you surmise, it's only a preference and only used by
applications (all entry points in 2.9) and is therefore
application-wide. It's basically supposed to represent the "external
base url" of the application, when that is not the same as the base
url of the application within the squeak image.

If you're talking about wanting some part of your application to force
the use of SSL then that doesn't help but I think in most cases (if
you don't specify values for those parameters) it should just be
generating URLs like "/seaside/foo", which will maintain the hostname,
protocol, and port and should therefore keep using SSL until you
manually send it to an HTTP URL. When the session expires, you'd get
redirected back to the application entry point, which would be HTTP
again.

I think perhaps I don't quite understand what you're trying to
accomplish. Maybe you could give a more concrete example with what the
external and internal URLs are at various points?

Julian