[Seaside] working in teams..

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Sat Oct 25 18:51:59 UTC 2008

On 25-Oct-08, at 8:06 AM, Sean Allen wrote:

> On Oct 24, 2008, at 5:19 AM, Philippe Marschall wrote:
>
>>> what is the mechanism?
>>
>> SVN for CSS / images / JS.
>>
>> Monticello (local http repository) for Seaside code.
>
> can someone explain exactly why this is the way you would want to do
> it?

> if you need to keep css, images etc in sync with smalltalk code,
>
> tagging, branching etc then this seems like a non starter.

It's just more convenient. Versioning Smalltalk in SVN is a hassle and
vice-versa, but dealing with two versioning systems isn't so bad. I
find that keeping the Smalltalk code in sync with everything else just
isn't an issue. They tend to evolve independently, and when you do
need to do it, it's not difficult.

As a versioning nerd, I understand the concern, but I haven't found it
to be a problem in practice.

Colin