[Seaside] Seaside URL and FLEX HTTPService

John McKeon p3anoman at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 19:41:45 UTC 2008

I would not claim to even have much knowledge of HTML :)
It appears that you are trying to make your seaside app a Flex service
or something like that. This would be a separate app that ANY page could
call and get an expected result. As such, the _s and _k parameters are
meaning less as they only pertain to an active session of a seaside
application.
I.e. when I want to "surf" to my seaside created web page, I do not
enter in my browser http://myurl/_sG5t7urxy;_ketc.. i just enter
http://myurl right?
So your service must accept requests with parameters that YOUR SERVICE
needs in order to return an expected response.Like
http://myurl/flexstuff/flexsvc1 and /flexstuff/flexsvc2

This requires more than a typical seaside app I think. Look at the
classes in Seaside-Request Handler category. You may need to subclass
WARequestHandler or WAEntryPoint.

This is what I get when I look at what bpurcell had to say.

Of course, I could have absolutley no idea what I am talking about. In
any event I do hope this helps.

Best regards,
Johnny