[Seaside] Anybody see this?

Hernán Morales Durand hernan.morales at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 17:08:15 UTC 2009

2009/4/10 stephane ducasse <stephane.ducasse at free.fr>:

> On Apr 9, 2009, at 10:07 PM, Eagle Offshore wrote:
>
>> There are a couple good solutions I've found lately.
>>
>> ActiveScaffold for Ruby on Rails is great for just getting CRUD happening
>> - I used it to avoid writing a LOT of admin UI on a recent project.
>
> I imagine and I still think that this is cruelly missing in Seaside.
> I do not ask the seaside team to work on that but as a community we could
> really get something.

I could release the code for the "Seaside Builder", which should be
named "SmallFaces Builder", only if there's someone interested in
improving what's done (which is ugly). I don't know how many of you
has seen the SF video, but it showed some of the capabilities of the
Atlas video, of course, among other things, they had a nicer UI and
the layout specifications apparently solved, I don't know if they use
a constraint solver, which is the right way to work that kind of
things.

The whole idea of SF is to provide support for multiple frameworks
(XForms, XUL, Aida, Seaside, etc), and support for higher level
widgets, so we work now in that direction, the builder was done in our
spare time, so it's like an experiment. When I saw the SeaBreeze video
I thought the SFBuilder had no reason to live, but anyway if you want
it, just ask me ;)