[Seaside] Correct usage of Comet

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 15:52:04 UTC 2009

> Is it the network.http.max-connections-per-server key in Firefox
> that controls this? The default in the latest Firefox is set to 15, for
> this key. I also found network.http.max-persistent-connections-
> per-server which is set to 18.

I don't remember which value this is. It certainly used to be much
lower a few years ago.

> Now if I can hijack part of you thread, I would like to know if anyone
> has experience with more heavy Comet load, like tens or hundred of
> listeners and several messages to each in a second? Could typical
> intel server running Seaside handle something like that?

I can't tell, because I don't know of anybody that used it in
production. The implementation is very lightweight though. On the
server an open socket and a few associated objects are consumed per
connection.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli