[Seaside] A new critical blog discussing Seaside

stephane ducasse stephane.ducasse at free.fr
Fri Apr 17 20:48:34 UTC 2009

Hi maskedCumcumber

	(in france this is a comix hero: a cumcumber with a mask).

1- My name is stephane ducasse and I think that you should not piss on
people anonymously
it gives a funny impression of yourself and lower your point. RIght
now you are passing for an idiot
while you have certainly something to say. So be a man :).
You can express yourself politely or not on this mailing- of course we
prefer polite and civilized people.

2- I agree with you that having more comments on seaside would be good
and I will tell you
the truth: the first class comments on seaside were written by lukas
in my car when I was
driving to nice in an italian highway. Of course more comments would
be useful.
But did you pay to complain so rudely?
and where is your "documentation"?

3-After I know well lukas and he is the guy that did slime for
checking style in Seaside application.
Did you read the mailing-list over the last years because lukas
replied everyday to people questions
while he is doing a PhD on a completely different topic. So I have
problem to  see lukas rude.
May be you were so aggressive that he told you to leave him alone.

4-Why don't you ask publicly why a string was used?
When I learned Smalltalk 12 years ago I read a book telling that
strings are cheap to create
slow to compare, while symbols where the inverse so if the web server
returns a string
it may be more efficient to compare a string than to convert it into a
symbol and compare it.

Stephane Ducasse (you see this is easy to be someone)