[Seaside] Re: Problems with Seaside 2.9 libraries

John Chludzinski john.chludzinski at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 18:26:05 UTC 2009

> JQuery and Prototype/Scriptaculous do not work together, unless you
> take extra precautions
> <http://docs.jquery.com/Using_jQuery_with_Other_Libraries>. If you are
> porting an existing application you presumably only use
> Prototype/Scriptaculous, so you should not include
> JQDevelopmentLibrary; similar if you use JQuery you don't want to
> include PTDevelopmentLibrary, SUComponentLibrary and
> SUDevelopmentLibrary.
>
> Lukas

I have an app which is a suite of "applets" (simple applications subclassed
from WAComponent).  One applet allows users to view his buddies as a
hierarchy of groups (e.g., football>pro>team or football>college>team).
 This uses Scriptaculous (SUTreeReport).  Another applet allows a group of
users to concurrently view a presentation (of slides).  This uses Comet.  If
I include PTDevelopmentLibrary to make the Scriptaculous work, then Comet
fails.  If I exclude PTDevelopmentLibrary, then Scriptaculous fails.

Is there a way to re-architect this suite of applets into a suite of apps,
each of which can include whatever libraries it needs (or exclude libraries
it is in conflict with)?

---John