[Seaside] [ANN] Seaside 2.8.4

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 18:29:42 UTC 2009

>> > 1) This image doesn't have the MC package XMLSupport (XML-Parser
>> > package).
>> > So, if you try to use Import/Export Pier widget, you will have a "key
>> > not
>> > found" in DataStream>>readInstance  when it tries to do:
>> >
>> > newClass := Smalltalk at: aSymbol #XMLDocument asSymbol.
>> >
>> > After installing that package, it worked.
>> >
>> > I think this sohuld be added to the standard image or something.
>>
>> I don't think this is a bug in the image. The Import/Export widget
>> does not depend on XMLDocument.
>
> Why do you say Import/Export widget doesn't depend on XMLDocument? I am
> sorry. I don't understand. In my case, when debugging I noticed that I need
> it, not my app model, but the exporter itself.

You say that the problem appears in DataStream>>#readInstance, this
method is called when you import a Pier model. The method tries to
instantiate a class that is referenced from your exported Pier model,
but that is missing in the image you import to. Before you import you
have to make sure that all the plugins you used in your export are
properly loaded.

>> > 2) In my case, SULibrary was making my app not to render properly. I
>> > removed
>> > it and then it works perfect.
>>
>> This is strange, because SULibrary works for other applications and
>> the default Pier installation. Furhtermore I don't see how SULibrary
>> is related to rendering?
>
> I think this is related with css styles and the order in which the library
> are added.

SULibrary does not contain any styles, just Javascript code. Maybe it
is conflicting with some other Javascript code you are using?

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch