[Seaside] Problems with seasidehosting

Miguel Enrique Cobá Martinez miguel.coba at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 17:36:19 UTC 2009

El lun, 09-11-2009 a las 10:47 +0100, AxiNat escribió:
> Hi all, first of all sorry for bringing up an old topic again.
>
> The problem here is that my website was full of contents, which took
> quite a while to set up and stuff... I've been trying to serialize the
> database objects and import them into a squeak non-closure-supporting
> image, but it didn't work out of the box and it's becoming really
> tiresome to try over and over.
>
> Do you guys know of another service (I don't mind paying if the fare
> is reasonable) that does support pharo images?

No one like seasidehosting.

But maybe it is worth to have your own server for you stuff.

> If not, I guess I'll have to get a slicehost account and run my own
> server there...

Slice host is good, and you'll later can use gemstone if you grow that
big.

I use vpslink and have cheaper fees for the equivalent setup, although
the servers they use are 32 bit and not 64 bit like the slicehost ones.

And you can find guides on the web and in the list archives about
configuring and deploying your app in a brand new server too.

Search the archives.

> Thanks!
>
> Bernat.
>
> 2009/11/1 David T. Lewis <lewis at mail.msen.com>
>         On Sun, Nov 01, 2009 at 01:16:55PM -0300, Mariano Martinez
>         Peck wrote:
>         > On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 9:47 AM, AxiNat
>         <tibabenfortlapalanca at gmail.com>wrote:
>         >

>         > > I get this message in the logfile when I try to start the
>         image
>         > >
>         > > This interpreter (vers. 6502 cannot read image file (vers.
>         6504
>         > > Hit CR to quit
>         > >
>         > >
>         > Are you trying a Pharo image?  That error is tipical when
>         you are tryin to
>         > run a closure enable (eliot's changes) image in a
>         non-closure support
>         > squeakVM.
>         >
>         > seasidehosting does not support pharo right now, but they
>         said it will
>         > support after Pharo1.0 stable is released.
>

>         There should be no issue of "waiting for Pharo", it is just a
>         matter of
>         using an up-to-date Squeak VM (or call it "Pharo VM" if you
>         prefer), which
>         does support images with closures for Squeak trunk as well as
>         for Pharo
>         images.
>
>         Dave

> --
> O HAI I'M IN UR FOOTER SIGNATURING UR MAILZ
Miguel Cobá
http://miguel.leugim.com.mx