[Seaside] Select and it's values

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 09:12:34 UTC 2009

> One part of the widget is an input select which produces an output like
> this:
>
> <option selected="selected" value="2">10</option>
> <option value="3">20</option>
> <option value="4">30</option>
> <option value="5">40</option>
>
> The java snipped uses value for additional calculations and therefor my
> component doesn't behave properly.
>
> What do I need to do to get an output like this?

You can't, if you want to use the Seaside callbacks at the same time.
The value attribute of option tags, and the name attribute of input
fields are used by Seaside to establish the connection between the
request parameter and the  callback block. It is probably easier if
you tell the Javascript library to use something else than the value
attribute, such as an attribute in a custom namespace.

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli