[Seaside] Updating non Smallfaces component.

Burella Juan M. juan.burella at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 17:06:28 UTC 2009

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 5:17 PM, Timothy James Ziebart <
timothy at churchmilitant.org> wrote:

> Thank you Hernán and Juan.
>
> I Implemented the GoogleMap as a subclass of SFObject and did as Juan
> suggested.  And you were right in that while the pane was updated correctly
> I still need the javascript to update the client  So I am one step away.  I
> am a not sure what is the best way to implement the script.  I have the
> updateButtonPressed message replace the panes.  How would evaluateJavacript
> and the updater get triggered?
>
> Tim

Hi Tim

When the updater is triggered (with the "press" button), the #refreshOn:
message is sent, so just here you should just "update" and "evaluate" the
refresh javascript code. In your case, you should do something like :

TimGoogleMap >>refreshOn: aScript
"redrawing the control (generally just to replace the tag)"
    aScript element
            id: self styleId;
            replace: [: render | render render: self ].
"Evaluate JS update code"
      aScript add: (SUStream new
                               nextPutAll: ' "updateCode" ';
                               arguments: anArguments;
                               yourself)

Please try it with the newest version available on
http://www.squeaksource.com/SmallFaces.html.

Juan M.