[Seaside] Re: [vwnc] Comet problem

Lautaro Fernández evaklo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 13:23:20 UTC 2010

2010/4/25 Andrés Garagiola <andresgaragiola at gmail.com>

> Hi list,
>
> I want test the Comet framework examples in VisualWorks 7.7 but its require
> a streaming server (raise a "Streaming-server required." exception), then i
> change the Seaside setting to "Streaming HTTP" but the below exception is
> raised when the server us started.
>
> Anybody know what can be the problem? (the problem is reproducible with a
> clean VW7.7 image)

Hello Andrés,
Some time ago we have this issue with Opentalk, which didn't support a fully
streaming server (we are currently working on a 7.6 VW image) at least when
we tried to use it.

Our solution was to change the server to Swazoo 2.2 and we have been using
it in a deployment server to test our comet framework as we are doing some
heavy re-engineering on it (you can test it
http://cag.lifia.info.unlp.edu.ar:443/seaside ). To make it run, load the
package from the public store named SeasideForSwazoo2.2.

Lautaro
ps: Be aware that the server can be down from time to time, so no warranties
of a nice comet experience is granted :)