[Seaside] Multiple WADispatchers for the same applications?

Damien Pollet damien.pollet at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 13:30:40 UTC 2010

Hi list,

I'm trying to have a Seaside image configured with a couple adaptors,
one for production stuff (localhost:8080 or through apache, with files
and pier) and the other for admin access (localhost:9090 only, with
config, status, tools… as well as pier and files).

In the Seaside control panel I created another service for port 9090,
replaced the dispatcher of that one with a copy, then removed
admin-only applications from the original dispatcher. Problem is, the
config app ends up using WAAdmin defaultDispatcher to initialize the
config component and that returns the wrong one (I can go to
localhost:9090/config or …/status, but in browse and config I only see
pier and files from the 8080 dispatcher).

Of course I could have kept the original dispatcher as is and pruned
admin apps from the clone instead.

But more generally:
- is it completely stupid to do it this way?
- is it really supposed to work, accessing the same app a from several
dispatchers?
- could there be a WAAdmin currentDispatcher that would return the one
that actually dispatched the current request?

--
Damien Pollet