[Seaside] #answer from within a jQuery

Julian Fitzell jfitzell at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 21:05:26 UTC 2010

The IllegalStateException (could be a clearer name) is raised if you try to
set an HTTP header after the headers have already been written to the
socket. So most likely you're using a streaming server and have already
started writing to the document body.

I can't visualize exactly which header that would be without stepping
through it or seeing the stack, but I seem to recall we determined that
calling inside an ajax request didn't make sense (could be true for
answering to something that was called--as opposed to shown--as well?).

Hopefully that gives you a nudge in the right direction. If not, I'd have to
dig in further but maybe Lukas knows more off the top of his head.

Julian